Spectacle Blind Flange
It is a combination of the two that can be rotated to function as Single Bind or a Ring Spacer. This kind of flange is generally a piece of metal than is cut to fit between two pipe flanges and usually sandwiched between two gaskets a spectacle blind is often made from two metal discs that are attached to each other by a small section of steel. The Sharp is similar to a pair of glasses or spectacles – hence the name spectacle blind flange. One end of the blind will have an opening to allow flow through the pipe during operation and the other end is solid to block flow during maintenance. They are generally installed as a permanent device to separate process piping system.
The whole idea of a spectacle blind is so that one can be absolutely sure that an item of equipment is properly and securely blanked off with no possibility of any flow or leakage through a valve during maintenance. The flow can be diverted to other items of equipment but not just by passed around the blank as this would compromise the safety function of the spectacle blind. The flow has to valve off and pressure relieved prior to loosening flange bolts and swinging the blind.
Description of our products:
- NPS: 1/2” to 24”
- Pressure Rating: Class 150, Class 300, Class 600, Class 900, Class 1,500, Class 2,500
- Connection Face: RF / Female Ring-Joint Facing / Male Oval Ring-Joint Facing
- Carbon steel: ASMT A105/N, ASTM A350 LF2 CL1, ASTM A694 F52/F60/F65/F70
- Stainless steel: ASTM A182 F304/F304L/F310/F316/F316L/F317/F321
- Alloy steel: ASTM A182 F11/F12/F22
- Packing: plywood case or plywood pallet
- Coating: Oil, black paint, yellow paint, hot dip galvanized, electrolytic zinc and epoxy resin coatings